• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A nice treat (1 Viewer)

DonB

Between showers was out with my Viper 80 HD at Spencer Park in Merimbula, NSW, which overlooks the Merimbula Bar. There's a narrow spit perpendicular to the FOV about 500-600 metres away.

Often there's a cluster of 2-3 dozen Artic Terns frolicing in the surf on the far side of the spit. Today there were terns 5 or more deep along the spit for 100 metres or more. A beautiful site, no doubt this is common elsewhere but it was new and visually quite captivating for me.

I had my Nikon P900 which has the reach to photograph them but I've never used the panorama so just enjoyed the view as the next shower came it.

There were several bar tailed godwits foraging nearby, fun to watch :t:

Those Arctic terns are probably some of ours! Have a read of this (and yes, that's Newcastle, UK, not Newcastle, NSW!) and this, and prepare to be astounded :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back