• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TV shows and binoculars (1 Viewer)

FrankD

We had a post here a few months ago about binoculars in movies. Well I also tend to notice them in TV shows as well. One of the shows I started watching is "Mountain Men" on the History Channel. It follows the story of three mountain men that live in different parts of the country as they live off the land. I noted two of the three uses binoculars but not the third at this point. The man from Montana was toting one of the Swarovski SLC models. I can't remember which configuration, maybe the10x42s. The man from Alaska was using a Nikon Action EX. I think it was a 10x50.

Anybody else note some binocular models on their favorite tv show?

We had a post here a few months ago about binoculars in movies. Well I also tend to notice them in TV shows as well. One of the shows I started watching is "Mountain Men" on the History Channel. It follows the story of three mountain men that live in different parts of the country as they live off the land. I noted two of the three uses binoculars but not the third at this point. The man from Montana was toting one of the Swarovski SLC models. I can't remember which configuration, maybe the10x42s. The man from Alaska was using a Nikon Action EX. I think it was a 10x50.

Anybody else note some binocular models on their favorite tv show?

Frank

I noticed the guy in Alaska using the Nikon Action EX and couldn't help but wonder how long he's been using it. It if makes it for even a year in the Alaska weather and getting tossed around on the bush plane and snowmobile it should be good for ten-twenty years down here in the lower 48.

I noticed on one episode of Deadliest Catch that the Captain had a pair of (what else) IF Fujinon 7x50's.

Steve

Back in late May, Tom Selleck, playing flawed-cop Jesse Stone in the TV movie 'Benefit of the Doubt' was using a pair of 10x40 Zeiss BGA T P Classics (Big white Z showing on the front hinge) while doing 'surveillance' work.

Last edited:
Steve,

Good point about the Nikons. I had heard similar comments about the LeuPold Yosemites and a gentleman in Alaska. Can't wait to see what Eustice eventually pulls out to use. ;)

I noticed the big glass on Deadliest Catch as well but since I am not familiar with Fujinon products I couldn't figure out what it was.

I am still waiting to see what Jeremy Wade pulls out to find some of those big fish. :)

Karmantra,

Haven't seen that one myself but I will continue to keep an eye out for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back