• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White-Headed Woodpecker (1 Viewer)

Hi Swampfoxflutes and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

What a great sighting you had of this woodpecker - you can read more about them here in our Opus articles.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing what else you see when out and about.

Wow! You are so lucky. These guys are usually only found on the west coast mountains. You might want to report it to your local Audubon.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Great to hear! I have two suet feeders up and have been rewarded with one woodpecker. Hoping the cold weather brings more.
Welcome to the best site for bird enthusiasts.

Thanks Guys!!!! We have never seen this particular woodpecker again... Maybe it was just passing through. At first we thought it was the one from South America, but found out there is a white headed woodpecker that lives in the USA. Thanks, Swampfox

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back