• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First Scope help (1 Viewer)

richt

Hi

I usually post in the binocular forums but this time i have the kind offer of a christmas gift option on a scope so here goes
Basically i would be looking for a light weight smallish angled type scope with a wide fov
I realise these kind of features are probably on everyones wish list but are there any reasonable cost particular models that "stand out " please
Also are there scopes that suit dual purpose use ie nature watching and star gazing ?
I dont really want to have a budget basement model so what can anyone recommend in the next steps up without breaking the bank ? (or more to the point other peoples banks in this case)

Thanks

Regards
Rich T

richt said:
Hi

I usually post in the binocular forums but this time i have the kind offer of a christmas gift option on a scope so here goes
Basically i would be looking for a light weight smallish angled type scope with a wide fov
I realise these kind of features are probably on everyones wish list but are there any reasonable cost particular models that "stand out " please
Also are there scopes that suit dual purpose use ie nature watching and star gazing ?
I dont really want to have a budget basement model so what can anyone recommend in the next steps up without breaking the bank ? (or more to the point other peoples banks in this case)

Thanks

Regards
Rich T

Kowa 50mm, 20x eyepiece, angled.
Nikon 50mm ED, some fixed power WA eyepiece, angled - probably better than Kowa.

Otto McDiesel said:
Kowa 50mm, 20x eyepiece, angled.
Nikon 50mm ED, some fixed power WA eyepiece, angled - probably better than Kowa.

Hi Otto

I recognise your name from the bino forums you have given sensible advice before so will have a look at the models you suggest
I actually meant to post this in the "other" section not Leica

Thanks
Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back