• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

People need 7000 pictures in Opus...you Help needed.. (1 Viewer)

Here are three more that I took on a recent trip to Pemba Island in the Zanzibar Archipelago off Tanzania. Unfortunately, my attempts to get shots of the Pemba Scops Owl were unsuccessful.

Tom

Attachments

• Pemba Green Pigeon, Pemba, Jan 2011.jpg
    Pemba Green Pigeon, Pemba, Jan 2011.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Pemba Sunbird, Pemba, Jan 2011.jpg
    Pemba Sunbird, Pemba, Jan 2011.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 62
  • Pemba White-eye, Pemba, Jan 2011.jpg
    Pemba White-eye, Pemba, Jan 2011.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 67
7000 !!!!​

With this three pictures and another armchair photo tick (Black-backed Bittern from Australia) we reached the target!
9991 species with 7000 pictures.

André

Gosh! we made it then.

Well done to all the members who have contributed:clap:

D

Off cause we made it with all you people working so hard.AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH..you'll made it my friends..Opus No 1 in this Bird world..lol..a beautiful year isnt it..lol..B :)B :)B :):-O:-O

I'll add my congratulations to everyone.

But, if we start a new push, please start a new thread.

This one has gotten too long!

Just had a word with the Senior Curator at the University of Sydney's Macleay Museum and they're happy for me to take photos of any of the extinct Australian species they have in their museum as long as we credit the university on the page for each photo and that they can have a copy of the photo for their catalogue. They've got over 9000 birds in there, so there's a fair chance of being able to get a picture of the lot.
That sound ok? I can also do some artwork for those species.
Cheers

Tony

Just had a word with the Senior Curator at the University of Sydney's Macleay Museum and they're happy for me to take photos of any of the extinct Australian species they have in their museum as long as we credit the university on the page for each photo and that they can have a copy of the photo for their catalogue. They've got over 9000 birds in there, so there's a fair chance of being able to get a picture of the lot.
That sound ok? I can also do some artwork for those species.
Cheers

Tony

Great news Tony. It will certainly help fill more of the gaps. Giving credit to the source/location isn't an issue as we already do that with museum specimens.

I'll ask if they've got any of the other Pacific birds in there as well - if they have, then that's a few more off the list. They're happy because they get photos of things they haven't time to take themselves and also because I can help them out with a display on chemistry.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back