• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lens mode setting cp4500 (1 Viewer)

Ido

Hello Andy and the digiscopers,
I am visiting your forum for a while, and I found answers
to most of my questions. Thank you all for great advises.
I'm using CP4500, Nikon fieldscope II ED 60mm, x30W or x60W
eyepiece, Nikon adapter, 128/256 MB card and remote cable.
I still have couple of questions:
1. Since I'm using a wide angle eyepiece, what is your recommended lens setting (wide adapter, tele1, tele2 or normal).
2. Will replacing memory card from 4x to 8x speed may have any effect on the BSS function performance, or any other effect?
Thanks

Hi Ido,
A big welcome to you from all the moderators and admin staff at BirdForum. We hope you enjoy the site and it's good to see you posting on the forums.
The add-on lens settings in the menu makes no difference to anything except the start-up position of the camera's zoom... so it's at the optimum position for the Nikon add-on lens. Leave this setting on normal, as if no lens has been added.

I have never noticed a difference between cards of varying speeds.... I've used 4x,8x,12x,20x and 40x and they've all been of a similar performance. The BSS function shouldn't be effected no matter what card speed you use.

Best regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back