• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moray birding (1 Viewer)

Keith

Work shall take me to Keith for a day next week.Can anyone suggest any local good bird areas for me to visit,during my lunch break ?

I'm going to be up that way in mid-late April. I've been reading Gordon Hamlett's book Best Birdwatching Sites in the Scottish Highlands to prepare. Any local knowledge of what to look out for especially at that time of the year?
Thanks.

I was on the Lossie estuary on Saturday and seen what I think is a Godwit, can anyone confirm for me, and if so, Black or Bar tailed ? Sorry about the quality, light wasn't very good, many thanks

Jim.

Attachments

• Godwit 1.jpg
    Godwit 1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Godwit 2.jpg
    Godwit 2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 90
It's a Bar tailed, quite regular on the Estuary and a good place to study them. Get the Purple Sands on the breakwater at river mouth?

Hi Allen, if you go by Gordons book you cant go far wrong. Lots of little places to discover and explore on your own as well :) What interests you most?

Thanks DMK, usually try and get an hour or two in when visiting the father-in-law in Lossie, will look out for the Purples next time I'm up. (Probably wont know what thet are when I see them, I have trouble with these wader ID's)
Jim.

Spotted an osprey at loch na bo today, it just flew over the loch east to west.
Anybody else seen any ospreys or other migrants returning?

Hi Sandra welcome to the forum. Nice spot on the Osprey, my favourite bird.

Lossiemouth Estuary is a good place to pick them up feeding as well, it is a great experience to witness them plunge feeding.

Let us know if you get any more sightings.

Regards

Dave

Possibilty of two White Billed Divers off Burghead, one summer plumage one winter. Keep your eyes peeled folks!!

Last year on 29th April my daughter , myself and 2 birders from Wales saw 3 White-billed Divers off The Maltings at Burghead.
After putting this on BirdTrack I received an e-mail from the local recorder saying only one bird was there..... I e-mailed back with the details but never heard anymore about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back