• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for a set of legs (1 Viewer)

Roy C

Occasional bird snapper
I am looking for a new tripod to go with a Manfrotto 488 RC2 head. Main use would be with my 400mm f5.6 + 1.4 tc.
I have been looking at the Manfrotto 055 PRO or 055 MF4. Any advise/recomendations welcome.

Thanks Roy C

Both good legs... the MF version will be a bit lighter which can be an advanatge, but will cost you a fair bit more. I use a 055 pro at the moment and really like it, the splitable central column is very useful when you want to get down low.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back