• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Long tail tit (1 Viewer)

jayuk

hi
do they peck people..
today i was filling up my bosses feeders as they are a way and it attacked me
now it may sound funny but it got very up set, when i went into the house it fly at the kitchen window, lots of times.. i,m going to wear a hat next visit lol ;)

the others there today seem ok, the baby green finches have flown, but we still seem only to have male black birds.. 7 today not a female in sight, maybe the longtailed tit has attacked them :-O

my other feeders are being used alot i got some meal worms yesterday, and a few birds tried them, but nut hatch and spotted woodpecker stayed with peanuts.. bullfinches like the seeds better i,ve started to place some on the tree branches in lard it goes very fast..

why do pied wagtails attach car mirrors i,ve got a pair where i park my car and they make lots of mess by the mirror..

jenny

Attachments

• wood pecker 007.jpg
    wood pecker 007.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 97
jayuk said:
hi
do they peck people..
today i was filling up my bosses feeders as they are a way and it attacked me
now it may sound funny but it got very up set, when i went into the house it fly at the kitchen window, lots of times.. i,m going to wear a hat next visit lol ;)

jenny

I doubt they were attacking you! Probably they're used to being fed by people and thought you had food for them.

I can't imagine such sweet looking little birds attacking humans deliberately!

Male Pied Wagtails are very territorial and have been known to attack reflections like Robins and Chaffinches do, being fooled into thinking they are confronting rival birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back