• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Classic beginners error! (1 Viewer)

Ptarmi

Dick Glasgow
Imagine my excitement when, seeing that it was sunny today, I got up early & for the first time ever, carefully fitted my new convertor & tele lens (which had just arrived) to my FZ150, strapped on the tripod & headed for the garden.

In my comfy spot, I managed to took this lovely shot before the screen went black, except for a little message telling me that my .... battery needed a charge! |:$|

I'm now sitting waiting nearly 3 hours for my battery to charge, while my newly arrived spare battery is sitting next to the charger, waiting its turn! ;)

I won't make that mistake again!

Cheers,
Dick

Attachments

• P.150.tele.jpg
    P.150.tele.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 131
Oh yes you will;)

Then the next one will be - card full!

Then you'll realise you haven't got your camera!

Error's dont just go away -iv got all my gear ready jumped in the car drove down the drive THEN reverst back to the house went in and got my camera then i was good to go lol
Rob.

Oh yes you will;)

Then the next one will be - card full!

Then you'll realise you haven't got your camera!

Yup, I'm sure your right Delia ... knowing me, that's just the first of many blunders, but it's comforting to know I'm not the only one, Rob. ;)

That's a strange photo.. is it through a hide? peep-hole?

Peter, that's what I got, before I adjusted the camera to tele mode. .... aye, blunder #2! ;)

Cheers,
Dick

Well, best to get them all out of the way sooner than later.. The other classic is to go out without a card in the camera (cos you've left it in the PC card slot).

Peter

Well, best to get them all out of the way sooner than later.. The other classic is to go out without a card in the camera (cos you've left it in the PC card slot).

Peter

I must admit, I haven't tried that yet. I just connect my camera to my iMac with a cable, so maybe that way, I can avoid at least one blunder! ;)

Cheers,
Dick

travelled 100 miles to photo a hoopoe, opened the boot of car and no camera. left it on the sofa at home.........
called the missus all the names under the sun for forgetting camera bag. when it was my fault, but don't tell her that!!!!!!!!!!

Peter

I did that last Wednesday and only realised it when I tried to photograph a Redstart on Dartmoor. The daft thing was the previous evening when I was on the internet I wondered why my computer kept making a "ba-bum" type noise. Roger

DARN IT!

So much for the perfect solution, the ... SPARE BATTERY! :C

I was out in the field today when my battery packed in, so I confidently swopped it over for the spare one, only to find that I'd forgotten to charge it up, since my last session! ... Duh!

I guess I need TWO spare batteries & a system for ensuring that I don't mix up charged & uncharged batteries.

Cheers,
Dick

Field kit check list. One your wall have a list, and the night before physically pla e everything on the list in the pile. When list done, into the bag it goes. For batteries, number them with permanent pen, so as to know that of using number 1, 2 and 3 are charged...

But if all else fails, pack a sense of humour.

Well... I've got two zip pockets in my camera bag and I put the newly charged batteries in one, then the used one in the other. Which makes absolutely perfect sense, or did when I designed the system....

But, of course, you can all guess what's wrong with it :gh:

Well... I've got two zip pockets in my camera bag and I put the newly charged batteries in one, then the used one in the other. Which makes absolutely perfect sense, or did when I designed the system....

But, of course, you can all guess what's wrong with it :gh:

Bwahahaha let me guess..forgot which pocket held the charged one, or even better, identical batteries both in the same hand at the same time.

My favorite is when hiking I come across people with the wrong map and no compass. Talk about starting a domestic lol

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back