• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Agalychnis callidryas and few qustions (1 Viewer)

Glimmer

Hi there!

Apart form birds, wher have you seen this gorgeous frog?

My plan for august: corcovado (3 night enough?), quetzal NP, sarapiqui, caño negro and rincon de la vieja. Any chance in these areas?

Also, I have 6 days left, and I don not know where to go! Guanacaste, Palo Verde, Braulio Carrillo? Please recommend me a nice place?

Many many thanks!

Hi,
I saw the Red Eyed Tree Frog in the grounds of Danta Corcovado Lodge on a night walk with their resident guide.
Is 3 night enough ? It probably is if you're staying in one location. Personally I would have liked to explore more of the Osa peninsular......depends on what else you want to see.
Cheers
john

You should definitely include Curi-Cancha and the nearby Monteverde and Santra Elana.

I can give you details of a VERY good guide here.

I can also hook you up with a guy not far from Braulio Carillo who can show you Great Potoo, he's also a great naturalist and artist. You can easily do a day with him and he has a hide at his home with some nice stuff where you have a chance of White-tipped Sicklebill though we weren't lucky.

A

Last edited:
You should definitely include Curi-Cancha and the nearby Monteverde and Santra Elana.

I can give you details of a VERY good guide here.

I can also hook you up with a guy not far from Braulio Carillo who can show you Great Potoo, he's also a great naturalist and artist. You can easily do a day with him and he has a hide at his home with some nice stuff where you have a chance of White-tipped Sicklebill though we weren't lucky.

A

P.M.!!!

Hi,
I saw the Red Eyed Tree Frog in the grounds of Danta Corcovado Lodge on a night walk with their resident guide.
Is 3 night enough ? It probably is if you're staying in one location. Personally I would have liked to explore more of the Osa peninsular......depends on what else you want to see.
Cheers
john

Is it easy to move in the Osa without a car? I will go to Drake Bay by plane and rent a car after the corcovado experience...

I will stay at Finca MAresia, which other area of Osado you recommend?

Last edited:
Is it easy to move in the Osa without a car? I will go to Drake Bay by plane and rent a car after the corcovado experience...

Won't be easy without a car and it's hot, was 38c when we were there recently.

Make sure you visit Esquinas if you get down there, the endemic Black-cheeked Ant Tanager is fairly easy.

A

As Andy mentions, no, not easy to get around without a vehicle. Fortunately, you should see a good variety of birds in the Drake Bay area. Look for the ant-tanager in any forested riparian zone.
Red-eyed tree frog- fairly common in many lowland rainforest areas including hotel gardens near wet areas but nocturnal and hard to find in the day. Local guides usually know how to find them. Cope might be able to show you some. If you go to the Arenal area, another easy spot is the Fortuna nature trail just outside of town- the owner will show you tree frogs in five minutes.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back