• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Charles, how are the ED4 now ? (1 Viewer)

winwinbino

I thought they should have been released according to your last post.

What is the status now ? Would you please furnish some spec/info re the ED4 or some photos. The ZR followers would be excited to know.

Andy

I did an RFI on the Zen-Ray FB page today (3/14/2016) expressing my concern about the lack of interaction and feedback from ZR since August. I also asked for an update on ED 4 availability and got the following response from Charles
Zen-Ray Optics Ian, we are finalizing the ED4 design. We are expecting to release the final beta version in two weeks. Hopefully, the prouction run will start in late April. Charles

The Zen ED-4 is available for Pre-Order on Their Website. I have Ordered Mine. Shipping would Start after July 15th. Excited to get my 1st Bins

The new ED-4 looks quite appealing; reminds me of the Swarovision series, in terms of looks. I liked the 7x43 ED3, and I've been looking for a 10x...

Discount Code

As an FYI, Charles has a pre-order discount code available for the new ED4 that reduces the price by $150.

Enter this code on the Zen-Ray shopping cart screen at checkout: HEART-ED4

The code ws working as of a couple of minutes ago.

The ED4 10X43 price drops from $569 to $419.
The ED4 08x43 price drops from $559 to $409.

http://www.zen-ray.com/shop/binoculars/zened4.html

As an FYI, Charles has a pre-order discount code available for the new ED4 that reduces the price by $150.

Enter this code on the Zen-Ray shopping cart screen at checkout: HEART-ED4

The code ws working as of a couple of minutes ago.

The ED4 10X43 price drops from $569 to $419.
The ED4 08x43 price drops from $559 to $409.

http://www.zen-ray.com/shop/binoculars/zened4.html

That does make it a pretty attractive purchase!

Another NEW option is the Vanguard Endeavor ED IV.

Chuck ....... I had to tempt you!

Here is a link to a Vanguard Endeavor ED IV thread.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=321627

Looks like Charles will be to market first with the new Zen-Ray ED4 and will possibily have the (marketing) advantage of dielectric coated prisms.

Bruce...the one thing I DON'T need is TEMPTATION! :brains:

I've never tried a Zen-Ray...a new one will never be less expensive, that's for sure!

I confirmed one sad bit of information via Facebook - no 7x model will be produced. I liked the image of the 7x43 ED3 a lot whereas I wasn't a big fan of the 7x36 ED2, so this is unfortunate but need drives demand I do suppose...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back