• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (7 Viewers)

The lifers keep on coming, with Broad-billed Hummingbird, Cordilleran Flycatcher and Bridled Titmouse added in the Santa Catalina Mts today. I'm beginning to think I should have planned for a month - two weeks is far to short a time to do Arizona justice.

Gray Hawk and Lillians Meadowlark added between Tucson and Patagonia. The Meadowlark was 'fairly easy' to ID, particularly if there were Western Meadowlark around.

The lifers keep on coming, with Broad-billed Hummingbird, Cordilleran Flycatcher and Bridled Titmouse added in the Santa Catalina Mts today. I'm beginning to think I should have planned for a month - two weeks is far to short a time to do Arizona justice.

Chris, do you have "count total" for your Arizona birds? I have been out there a few times, no more than a week at a time though!

Grayish Saltator in a hotel garden in San Jose, Costa Rica. Not rare or anything, simply the last bird we saw before taking the plane home :)

Chris, do you have "count total" for your Arizona birds? I have been out there a few times, no more than a week at a time though!

Providing I survive tomorrows outing to California Gulch I'll stick a 'Trip total' on the end of my year list, Larry.
Today's lifers were Violet-crowned Hummingbird, Broad-tailed Hummingbird, Brown-crested Flycatcher, Lucys Warbler ( I'm sorry, but it does sound like a euphemism from a "Carry on..." film ), Montezuma Quail, Nthn. Beardless-Tyrannulet, Gray Flycatcher and Aberts Towhee .

The Montezuma Quail was bird I most wanted to see on my last trip to Arizona and I did get it (Patagonia area, August 7, 2006). Great looking bird!

A visit to California Gulch ( With a name like that I half expected The Hole-in-the-Wall Gang to come riding down the trail ) gave me two more lifers today. Crissal Thrasher and the superb Five-striped Sparrow.

The Montezuma Quail was bird I most wanted to see on my last trip to Arizona and I did get it (Patagonia area, August 7, 2006). Great looking bird!

I really wasn't expecting them to look like they do in the field guides. Totally unlike any of the other Quail and, as you say, great looking birds.

I added Mountain Pygmy Owl and Mexican Whip-poor-will last night, around Sierra Vista. A day's twitching around the canyons and a desert lake gave me Plumbeous Vireo, Woodhouses Scrub Jay, Rufous-capped Warbler and Brewers Sparrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back