• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (7 Viewers)

Got to see a Pectoral Sandpiper on Saturday, very nice! When I arrived there was one other guy there who said the bird was there, but very far away (400 meters or so) and hard to spot. Then he left, and not five minutes later I discovered the bird just about 50 meters away, giving great views. :)

Was a great day, also got to hear and very briefly see a Great Reed Warbler, another lifer for me. Quite a voice!

Attachments

• tuvsnäppa.jpg
    tuvsnäppa.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 88
Artic Tern & Honey Buzzard today.
Photo taken with my mobile through my scope, no chance of getting the Honey Buzzard

Derek

Attachments

• artictern.jpg
    artictern.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 59
Collared Aracari in Costa Rica Monday morning. About 20 others during what turned out to be a short trip, rather than the intended 6 weeks... but maybe I should've known better than to go so soon after breaking my wrist, among other injuries. But no biggie, I've postponed my 4-week Spanish course until July, so I will return soon in better condition:t: My other lifers, from Palo Verde National Park:

Cinnamon Hummingbird
Great Black-Hawk
Northern Jacana
Nutting's Flycatcher
Yellow-olive Flycatcher
Mangrove Cuckoo
Double-striped Thick-knee
Scrub Euphonia
Great Curassow
Crested Guan
Stripe-headed Sparrow
White-throated Magpie-jay
Hoffmann's Woodpecker
Rufous-naped Wren
Rufous-and-white Wren
Turquoise-browed Motmot
Streak-backed Oriole
Muscovy Duck
Tropical Gnatcatcher
White-lored Gnatcatcher
Bare-throated Tiger-heron
Black-headed Trogon
Lesser Greenlet

also saw my first coati and White-faced Capuchins

I saw a Red-cockaded Woodpecker yesterday. It is on the endangered species list. I plan on posting pictures on my blog within the next couple of days.

I have had six lifers over the last two weeks, various Eastern migrants mostly that I wasn't able to pick up when I just started birding, in Michigan before leaving for San Diego

Barred Owl
Yellow-throated Vireo
Gray-cheeked Thrush
Veery
Cape May Warbler
Cerulean Warbler

Also banked the "Northern" Whip-poor-will in case it is ever split from the Arizona form, and was able to knock off Red-headed Woodpecker and Philadelphia Vireo from the BVD list.

Chestnut (black-headed) Munia a few weekends ago at Muang Boran fish ponds just outside of Bangkok, The three other lifers of the day were Bronze-winged Me ;) Zitting Cisticola and Black Bittern, so a nice sweep up of some bogey birds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back