• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera Cushion (1 Viewer)

humakt

I was looking to get myself a camera cushion, for taking wildlife shots from the car.
So I did a quick Google search and when I saw the price being asked for what was a cushion after all I decided that I would make one for myself!
So that's what I've done.
I had a tatty old pair of craghopper trousers and there was a bag of kapok in the shed. So I had all the ingredients.
So I got out the sewing machine and after an hour's sewing and stuffing this is what I ended up with...

31805480556_e6990ed025.jpg

Best of all it cost me the princely sum of 0 pence!
The best price there is.

It's been made like that so that it can straddle across the car door/window. Or it can be laid on its side and the camera plonked on top.

It's always best if you can make things for yourself and save (more than) a few pennies to boot, eh?

It was dead easy to do and I would heartily recommend that if you are after something similar that you have a go at making your own as well.

Attachments

• 31805480556_e6990ed025.jpg
    31805480556_e6990ed025.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 40
Well done, you might need to add a carrying handle of some sort too.
There appears to be one or two people who have set up as a small business making these having identified an opportunity to undercut the ridiculous prices that some retailers are advertising them for.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back