• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Colorado (1 Viewer)

oldsquaw

Old Tooter
I will be working on a list of sites where you may be able to observe species that are hard to find elsewhere. Speicies like, Gunnison Sage Grouse, Lesser & Greater Prairie Chicken, All the Rosy Finches (in winter), Flammulated Owl, Three-toed Woodpecker, Black Rail, et al.

Colorado has around 475 species, not bad for for a inland state and no Mexican borders. We have numerous habitats from 4,500 to 14,400+ feet, northern species in winter, southern species, in summer, eastern and western species and southwestern desert species. A day over over 100 species is quite easliy done almost anytime except in dead of winter.

My local County, Pueblo, has had around 405 species. My goal is to see 400 species in this county. I have 387 at this time.

Will proved more specic birding sites soon. Van

oldsquaw,

Just wanted to check in and say hello to a fellow Coloradan! I'm up in El Paso County in the foothills.

Also, you may or may not be aware of this, but there's a Pike's Peak Birding Trail that is being put together for all counties (including Pueblo County) in the Pike's Peak region. There are links on their web site to Birding hot spots and trails. I'm providing the link to their home page here for anyone who's interested.

You can join and participate on any level you want. Also, there's a weekly email newsletter they send out that is very informative on new sightings, trips, etc.

http://www.cfo-link.org/leadpage.html

Good birding!

John

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back