• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Butterflies in VietNam (1 Viewer)

glennmanc

Can anyone help me with the following IDs? They were all taken in Da Lat, VietNam in Jan-Feb.
I am wondering if any are Lampides boeticus (Longtailed Pea Blue) and if No. 5 is a Monodontides spp?

Attachments

• DaLat-Blue.jpg
    DaLat-Blue.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DaLat-Jan22nd-2.jpg
    DaLat-Jan22nd-2.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DaLat-Feb13-3.jpg
    DaLat-Feb13-3.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DaLat-Feb16.jpg
    DaLat-Feb16.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DaLat-MonodontidesSpp.jpg
    DaLat-MonodontidesSpp.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for your help.
A quick one: I have the attached photo as "White Tiger -Danaus Melanippus" but to me it looks identical to "Malay Tiger - Danaus affinis" (the photo was taken in the Mekong Delta). Which is correct?

Attachments

• WhiteTiger(DanausMelanippusHegesippus)-GoCong-12-12-2016.jpg
    WhiteTiger(DanausMelanippusHegesippus)-GoCong-12-12-2016.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 5
Habitat may provide a confirmation as alternative names for affinis are Swamp and Mangrove Tiger.

Edit: Status of affinis as given in the Butterflies of Thailand (Amnuay) is 'rare' but I think that's what it is, nice one.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back