• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2018. (2 Viewers)

After two young male Moose on Monday, a female and calf today. Also Red Squirrel near the peanut feeder, I hope starts to use it.

No new birds for the year though.

Mammal action here too, on Thursday a Red Squirrel carrying a large green pear (!) and a Roe Deer strolled past the kitchen window as we were having breakfast around dawn this morning.
No new birds here either, though a late Common Swift yesterday was a surprise.

Did you get a decent view of the underside of the primaries to rule out Scopoli's? :king:

Old habits dye hard Paul ;) True they or one of them could have been - I've only ever seen one for sure and that was on a pelagic off Sagres at very close range and confirmed on excellent photos - not mine I must say.

Old habits dye hard Paul ;) True they or one of them could have been - I've only ever seen one for sure and that was on a pelagic off Sagres at very close range and confirmed on excellent photos - not mine I must say.

Far from excellent photos of mine but that is where I have seen my only one.....

Not a split of which I am a fan!

I am intending to potter about on a boat in the Med at some point

All the best

Far from excellent photos of mine but that is where I have seen my only one.....

Not a split of which I am a fan!

I am intending to potter about on a boat in the Med at some point

All the best

Paul,

I had multiple birds (assuming Scopoli's so far from the Atlantic) following the ferry to the Greek island of Aegina, as well as small groups of Yelkouans.

Another obvious corvid-shaped hole on the garden yearlist filled this morning with Raven - 53rd species. For the first time in a little while the camera was to hand and it swept back past for a second attempt.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Raven 003.jpg
    Raven 003.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Raven with Jackdaw 001 (reduced).jpg
    Raven with Jackdaw 001 (reduced).jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Raven 001.jpg
    Raven 001.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Raven 002.jpg
    Raven 002.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 8
Back in France ...

6 Common Crane over south earlyish this morning - v flappy and calling a fair bit. Also disturbed a Red-legged Partridge from 5 feet away whilst mowing the lawn! Presuming not an incredibly wild bird ...

The worst of it is didn't bring any optics as thought I was only going to be here a day or two after driving the parents back from a month in the UK - now it looks like I'm going to be down a week and a bit to sort the garden out!

Back in France ...The worst of it is didn't bring any optics as thought I was only going to be here a day or two after driving the parents back from a month in the UK - now it looks like I'm going to be down a week and a bit to sort the garden out!

Damn! - though they do sell bins in France :king: (don't mean to be harsh Dan! - gardening is good stuff ;))

Last edited:
Nothing new but garden birding was almost exciting this morning, with vismig right overhead comprising 53+ Meadow Pipits, 8 Swallows, 9 Siskins and 5 Dunnocks 'showing migratory restlessness' with two heading off west.

Waiting for the rain to stop and I will be back out.

Steve

"Nothing to see here..." OK, one new tick.

#68. Red-backed Shrike - juvenile spend couple of days here and tease sparrows and tits - or then it was vice versa.

Attachments

• aP1080371.jpg
    aP1080371.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 16
Spent most of the last couple of days cutting trees down, but quite some passage of common birds, including a couple I should have seen earlier in the year:

108. Goldcrest
109. Redwing

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back