• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Second hand canon camera (1 Viewer)

davholla

My Canon EOS 350D might be going to the end of its life. I am thinking of getting a second hand better one maybe a 5D MKII, any ideas?

What sort of photography do you want to do and, as Stevo said, budget?
The 5D Mk2 is a fine camera for portraits/landscapes and the like but could be a bit limiting for subjects such as birds.
Also what lenses do you currently have? If you have any Canon EFS lenses or third party lenses designed for APSC (crop) sensors then you will have problems with a 5D Mk2.
Have you considered a used Canon 7D, a lot of camera for the money these days, also it will take any Canon lens EFS or EF mount.

Last edited:
What sort of photography do you want to do and, as Stevo said, budget?
The 5D Mk2 is a fine camera for portraits/landscapes and the like but could be a bit limiting for subjects such as birds.
Also what lenses do you currently have? If you have any Canon EFS lenses or third party lenses designed for APSC (crop) sensors then you will have problems with a 5D Mk2.
Have you considered a used Canon 7D, a lot of camera for the money these days, also it will take any Canon lens EFS or EF mount.
Thank I want to do the following
general
macro
birds
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens (not used much now)
Tamron 150-600
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro
Canon MP-E 65mm
Budget £500-900

Is the Canon 7d better than the 70D? I also want to film my son at times.

Last edited:
I should have explained that normally (unless I am in hyde park central London when I normally have just one).
I have two cameras (if I had the money I would have three and did this summer in Colombia when I was lent one). This is because I have canon 60 mm, 65 mm MPE and Tamron 150-600 mm lens and hate having to change between them as that is how I miss shots. I am tempted to just get another Canon 550 EOS

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back