• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My first hawfinch (1 Viewer)

peter hill

when out this afternoon and saw my first hawfinch at cromford,derbyshire near the churchyard

Attachments

• pat 145.jpg
    pat 145.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 120
Hi Peter.

I don't have a pic but we had a pair visit our garden every day for a whole week a few years ago.How lucky are you ? :t: Amazing.The book says they are shy but not here, they bullied all the other birds (Starlings etc) and hogged the bird baths.I thought we were so lucky to have them though.o:)

Hi Pete,

Nice to hear that you saw the Hawfinch. I work further up the valley and when I get a chance this week I will go and have a look around there myself. I used to be based near Cromford until the office moved a few months ago.

Dean

Tend to go to Carsington Water but at New Year was told of lots of Hawfinches at Cromford. This is the 4th time I have tried to see them and as I approached the churchyard I saw this one on top of a tree. Think there have been 5 around. Fairly busy people wise at weekends but it doesn't seem to affect the birds.

Tend to go to Carsington Water but at New Year was told of lots of Hawfinches at Cromford. This is the 4th time I have tried to see them and as I approached the churchyard I saw this one on top of a tree. Think there have been 5 around. Fairly busy people wise at weekends but it doesn't seem to affect the birds.

There were 5 there on new years eve. They were my 200th life tick. Handsome bird.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back