• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wildlife in graphite (1 Viewer)

Well done Clive - I got nowhere for the second year. Really hope you get in the prizes!

Never mind Tim, they didn't like mine this year either. Clive's the horse to back now! Clive, you never know, last year's winner was a surprise to me and there really is no way of knowing what the judges are looking for. Your avo/moorhen piece is dynamic and exciting to me, more so than another zoo portrait of an overfed moggy. You'll just have to see.

Never mind Tim, they didn't like mine this year either. Clive's the horse to back now! Clive, you never know, last year's winner was a surprise to me and there really is no way of knowing what the judges are looking for. Your avo/moorhen piece is dynamic and exciting to me, more so than another zoo portrait of an overfed moggy. You'll just have to see.

Time to call in the translators: overfed moggy? But I get Nick's drift of a live animal versus a caged one and your works do have the dynamism of live birds. I particularly like the avocet. Good luck!

Love the avocet Clive. I'll definitely be getting over for a look at the dswf exhibition and I'll keep an eye out for your works. Congrats!

Mike

thanks rahul,nice to hear from you my friend and best wishes to you
many thanks adam
thanks mike by all accounts this years exhibition should be well worth a look

A bit different i know but i just loved all the textures going on with this hornbill and it seemed a great subject for graphite.a bit of an ugly bugger but a great character

Attachments

• ground hornbill 003.jpg
    ground hornbill 003.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 66
ugly bugger he may be, but gorgeous piece of work - so many textures beuatifully rendered - a whole spectrum in 'mono'chrome

i hope you'll all forgive me for posting a non-avian subject but this is what's been keeping me away from the birds for the last few weeks.ive got to get stuck into some more bird drawings pronto as ive got a small exhibition coming up at titchfield haven from early august and running thru til october

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 56
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back