• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (2 Viewers)

Just finished reviewing my list from September spent in Bolivia. We managed over 530 sightings, including 168 lifers for me - the final ones being a Plumbeous Antbird and a Pygmy Antwren on our final stop coming down the Tuichi River in the Madidi National Park.

No chance of a photograph but we were lucky enough to get to a Crested Eagle nest upstream at Chalalan Lodge.

Attachments

• P9271176_edited_2.jpg
    P9271176_edited_2.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P9271166_edited_2.jpg
    P9271166_edited_2.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 19
Cape Parrot this AM near Underberg, S. Africa was the latest of 149 lifers so far on my current SA tour.

In Cape Town now with more to come!

Hume's Warbler; Berry Head, Devon.

At long last, after a variety of dips near and far - most 'memorably' spending a couple of hours listening to one calling but never showing - I finally got one.

There isn't enough B :) on Earth!

:gn:

Still adding lifers in Africa: yesterday I got Groundscraper Thrush at Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary in Swaziland and the day before I picked up Adbim's Stork on the drive from South Africa to Swaziland.

I've now seen all the storks. Whoo hoo!

I neglected to mention MigFest at Spurn in September, my third lifer in three annual visits due to a Common Rosefinch that performed quite nicely. It's a great event to go to, not least because the guided walks tend to be led by people with serious birding skills, which really helps those of us who aren't as proficient as some!

If there's such a thing as a category-tick, I got one of those in November as I finally caught up with barnacle geese that were Category A overwintering birds rather than the usual Cat C birds I see.

And then, at the end of November, I was in the right place at the right time as a Rough-legged Buzzard flew in off the sea at Titchwell. That beach has produced more than its fair share of lifers over the years.

Last of three or four dozen I saw in a trip around the South American coast: white-rumped swallow in Buenos Aires harbour.

Attachments

• 44541183130_1e346c367b_c.jpg
    44541183130_1e346c367b_c.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back