• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Parakeets in Glasgow's Victoria Park (1 Viewer)

There are lots of RN Parakeets in the London Parks, ...so now they have decided to try Scotland for their own comfort LOL - they will find it a lot colder! :gh:

Hi this is my first post on here and found the forum when searching for nfo about parakeets in and around Glasgow.

I have just learned that a friend has had a few in her garden in Bearsden recently. So the birds are still around.

Some years back - maybe 5 - my daughter reported that she had seen one in Renfrew in a tree across from her house.

They have been breeding in the Manchester area for a number of years (I’m completely at a loss to say how many years, and nests)
Any reports from Cumbria, etc ?

From Sunday's SOC email:
Clyde SOC Grapevine

Sunday 11 November*

Three*Little Egrets*in Ardmore North Bay, also a Short-eared Owl with prey, and off the point four Slavonian Grebes and eleven Red-throated Divers.
25 Jack Snipe flushed (19 caught) at Cathkin Marsh SWT Reserve, also 60 Snipe.
Another record total of The Meetings Whooper Swan flock of*508*with 222 at Easter Sills and 286 at Covington.
A Green Sandpiper at Carbarns, before flying across River Clyde to Merryton Pond.
12 Crossbill, two Jays and a Brambling in Douglas Estate.
28 Whooper Swans and 1,500 Pink-footed Geese at Rushyhill/ Westerhill, near the Gadloch, also 50 Collared Doves.
24 Gadwall on Hogganfield marsh pool.
20 Ring-necked Parakeets at roost in Victoria Park, Glasgow

Hi this is my first post on here and found the forum when searching for nfo about parakeets in and around Glasgow.

I have just learned that a friend has had a few in her garden in Bearsden recently. So the birds are still around.

Some years back - maybe 5 - my daughter reported that she had seen one in Renfrew in a tree across from her house.

Welcome to the forum

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back