• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi and just to share about my new bins! (1 Viewer)

Latebirder

Been enjoying the forums, esp checking out binoculars. Well have taken plunge and got the kowa BD ii 6.5 x32....
Verdict...

Fabulous. Don't hesitate.....

My copy... Wow factor... Definitely

Crystal clear, ED glass v high quality.. To me fabulous colour on dragonflys this afternoon. The field of view... Wonderful 3D depth of view. And so light yet solid.. Balance SO well in hand, I tried on stars last night... Again... Brilliant. Yes mag is low but still just see Jupiter moons.. These binoculars feel look so well made... And the image this afternoon in the light.. Real wow factor, really bright contrasty, zero CA, real clarity and satisfaction to the eye... Such good and accurate colour hue.

Delighted.

Tried many bins , my first pair Nikon 7s 10x30 , very very good... But wanted ED glass.

Had bought vanguard endeavor ed mk iv 10x42 but so heavy in the hand though great optics...sent back. These kowa so lightweight and compact.

Well let's hope for some good views....

Hi Latebirder and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

That's wonderful to hear that you're so pleased with your new binoculars... you'll no doubt have some fun using them now.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi Latebirder

Those bins have an excellent spec - 10° field of view is very impressive, and the close focus is great at 1.3m. And if in doubt, for magnification it's better to go too low than too high (these bins will probably last a lifetime, and over time it may become difficult to hold even a 10x bin steady). I've never looked through Kowa bins, but they have a good reputation. Enjoy!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back