• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for Cookies folder (1 Viewer)

Vectis Birder

Itchy feet
I am doing an AVG scan of my computer drives and it has found a load of tracking cookies. These aren't a problem, as they are to do with internet advertising and are largely harmless. However, I would like to delete them and they are listed as being in C:\Documents and Settings\*computer name*\Cookies, but on looking in C:\Documents and Settings\..., and having a good hunt about, I cannot find a folder named 'Cookies'.
I have run several searches, including in hidden files and folders, but I can't find the 'Cookies' folder. Any suggestions?

Cheers
VB

In Firefox:

Tools
Options,
Privacy
Show cookies

..........but iirc you don't like Firefox, so it will be different in IE, but I would be looking somewhere similar in your browser not in a folder.

In IE it's:

Tools > Internet Options > click "settings" under "temporary internet files" then "view files" in the new window that opens.

There is an alternative

VB, have you considered using Piriform CCleaner, as this goes further by highlighting and then having a facility to remove much more than un-wanted cookies? I have included screenshots below, showing samples of the type of files that can be removed, plus the option of cleaning up the registry.
Piriform website at http://www.ccleaner.com/

Roger

Attachments

• Piriform CCleaner.jpg
    Piriform CCleaner.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Piriform CCleaner a.jpg
    Piriform CCleaner a.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 75
Roger
Can you advise-if you run the programme does it get rid of all your pass words (which is what happens when you delete all history & cookies with IE)??
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back