• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bendigo Australia grey bird melodic song (1 Viewer)

Greg McKay

I like the pretty colors
I photographed this bird At Sutton Grange just south of Bendigo this afternoon. I found it by following its call that was quite melodic but could only get this photo of it. Unfortunately I am at a loss from photo as it doesn't show enough of the bird for me to ID. any ideas?

Attachments

• no idea.jpg
    no idea.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 79
Hello Greg,

How big was it? The slender bill eliminates Grey Shrike Thrush and Whistlers. Leaving honeyeaters, gerygones and thornbills as the contenders.

If it was very small then it may have been a Western Gerygone.

Cheers!

D.

Hi All,

The slender bill, the red eye, the black loral stripe, and the description of it singing a beautiful song all suggest Western Gerygone.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back