• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Imagic body opening (1 Viewer)

Burdie

Hi to everybody!
I have an Opticron Imagic spotting scope 80mm and I can see the prisms are dirty and I'd like to clean them...the only problems is how to open the body without detroying it. No external screw, only the gummy protection...is there a magic way to open and reach the prisms?
Thanks a lot!
Diego

I telephoned due to a lens cross threading issue, and they were genuinely superb, out of their UK service centre. I cannot trace any email contact with them so it must have been phone and snailmail.
Best
Harry

Just spoke to Stuart - he replied to both your emails so you might need to check your junk mail folder.

He says that he will write some instructions when he repairs an Imagic scope that he has in for repair at the moment. That may be a few more days.

Best regards, Pete

Just spoke to Stuart - he replied to both your emails so you might need to check your junk mail folder.

He says that he will write some instructions when he repairs an Imagic scope that he has in for repair at the moment. That may be a few more days.

Best regards, Pete

Hello Pete, the messages were located in Gmail Spam...but now I have them.
I'm in contact with Stuart...he will help me as soon as possible.
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back