• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (5 Viewers)

I know this isn't the right place, but can't find anything suitable on the forum list so hoping someone knows !

Is there a way to change your username? Been in East Kilbride for about 6 years now, GlesgaBirds no longer seems appropriate lol. Can an admin help with this at all?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it has to be Admin who does it, click on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page. Allow about 24 hours for it to take effect.

It does help other members if you can put your original name, either in your Custom User title or your signature.

Yes, it has to be Admin who does it, click on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page. Allow about 24 hours for it to take effect.

It does help other members if you can put your original name, either in your Custom User title or your signature.

Thanks Delia, I've sent a request through now :t:

Bullfinches back today, managed to get some vids. I was drawn to them as heard a bird call I wasn’t familiar with, so now I know a Bullfinch’s call. Also a Muntjac Deer in the woods this morning but didn’t quite get a vid. Well got a video but the deer had run off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG0KKiuu8Ik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSLYF_2f4KY

We also had a Sparrowhawk strike in next doors’s garden. Almost got some action on video but was mostly just feathers in the air and then the Sparrowhawk dissapeared.

Last edited:
Never seen a Blackcap, in Glasgow or East Kilbride. Very nice spot :t:

Me neither until recently. When I was a kid it was all house sparrows. Now I get a stunning range in my garden: Blue Tit, Coal Tit, Great Tit, LTT, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Dunnock, Siskin, Chaffinch, Jackdaw, Rook, Reed Bunting, Robin, Blackbird, Magpie, Crow, Starling, Wood Pigeon, Wren, Sprawk every so often, and now Blackcap. And lots of house sparrows. And Roe Deer at night in the front garden. Glasgow has changed...

Rare visitors (mostly winter) include Waxwing, Goldcrest, Redwing, Songthrush, and even once for a few days a female pheasant. Had Bullfinches on 2 separate occasions in all the years since I got into birding, and adored them.

Keeps me going through this isolation.

Stay safe all.

Attachments

• DSC_5551c.JPG
    DSC_5551c.JPG
    546.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_5172c.JPG
    DSC_5172c.JPG
    584.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Goldcrest sized.jpg
    Goldcrest sized.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 32
Me neither until recently. When I was a kid it was all house sparrows. Now I get a stunning range in my garden: Blue Tit, Coal Tit, Great Tit, LTT, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Dunnock, Siskin, Chaffinch, Jackdaw, Rook, Reed Bunting, Robin, Blackbird, Magpie, Crow, Starling, Wood Pigeon, Wren, Sprawk every so often, and now Blackcap. And lots of house sparrows. And Roe Deer at night in the front garden. Glasgow has changed...

Rare visitors (mostly winter) include Waxwing, Goldcrest, Redwing, Songthrush, and even once for a few days a female pheasant. Had Bullfinches on 2 separate occasions in all the years since I got into birding, and adored them.

Keeps me going through this isolation.

Stay safe all.

Excellent list, love the Goldcrest image, and as for the deer in the garden, just Wow

Pretty average fare in the garden at the moment, probably a little quieter with all the neighbours in lockdown utilising their gardens and with the good weather it is a bit noisier than usual.

Pair of Bullfinch only come in the evenings at the moment as does the Wren. Greenfinch too nervous to come down to the feeders so don't show up for long periods, ditto Goldfinch. Everything else going about is business as usual, Coal, Great, Blue and the occasional Long Tailed Tits. Robin thanking me everyday with the gardening and producing worms as it follows the spade and trowel around the borders.....

Saw a lovely male Blackcap on my 30 minute exercise yesterday.

Keep safe and well everyone

Heard my first Willow Warbler of the year from the front garden this morning. And have heard several more from the back garden this afternoon.

Rich

Pretty average fare in the garden at the moment, probably a little quieter with all the neighbours in lockdown utilising their gardens and with the good weather it is a bit noisier than usual.

Pair of Bullfinch only come in the evenings at the moment as does the Wren. Greenfinch too nervous to come down to the feeders so don't show up for long periods, ditto Goldfinch. Everything else going about is business as usual, Coal, Great, Blue and the occasional Long Tailed Tits. Robin thanking me everyday with the gardening and producing worms as it follows the spade and trowel around the borders.....

Saw a lovely male Blackcap on my 30 minute exercise yesterday.

Keep safe and well everyone

Excellent. Pair of bullfinch - not jealous at all...! And agree, more people in gardens, kids on trampolines etc. Only the bolder birds appear then, the others waiting till it settles down a bit. Still, lucky we have a garden to watch birds in, many not being so fortunate...

Good few Herring Gulls over the back garden this afternoon which is unusual for here. Green Woodpecker heard yaffling away. First House Martins of the year giving a Sparrowhawk a pretty bad time.

Rich

pic time
Wren from the garage roof, late last year

Still fairly quiet on the feeders, although the LTT that spends time jumping at the conservatory window trying to get at the yucca has returned. Even me standing by the window doesn't put it off

Attachments

• Wren.jpg
    Wren.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back