• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Want to search for a trip report? (1 Viewer)

HelenB

Opus Editor and Expat from Cumbria
Opus Editor
I came across a post on BirdChat recently, which references a website that enables you to search through 2,700 trip reports. I tested it with a search for a report on NZ that is on my website and it found it!

Here's the info from the owners of the site:

We would like to let you know about a new web site which we have launched yesterday 14th July. We have constructed an Internet portal which makes it possible to search among more than 2,700 birding trip reports from web sites worldwide.
The site is basically a search tool which will look up and list all
available trip reports from your desired destination. Furthermore, you can choose to search for reports covering only a specific time of the year. It is a non-commercial site and the aim is to make it easier and faster for us birders to use trip reports in our planning.

Please try out this new search tool at http://www.eurobirding.com/
and let us know what you think!

Best wishes,

Christian Svane and Ulrik Svane
Denmark

www.eurobirding.com

Thank you very much - I have had a look at this site and it looks really useful. What did we ever do before the internet was invented???

James

I e-mailed the webmasters of the site to tell them about 3 more of my reports that they could reference on their site. They must have added a lot more as their intro says they have over 3,000 reports in their database, now.

http://www.eurobirding.com/

Hi, Well I achieved reading your NZ trip via the new found website you quoted above. Easy to access I only knew NZ your name of Helen and asked for a trip written in English, and up it popped. Great thank you very much.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back