• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can't get legs to stay up? (1 Viewer)

Strix

I have a Manfrotto tripod that has quick leg locks that used to provide enough pressure to keep the legs up on it. However, they have loosened over time, and now with the leg locks closed, it doesn't even keep the legs up. Can I get in there and tighten something? Tried to contact Manfrotto, but their email form is broken.

Thanks

I have a Manfrotto tripod that has quick leg locks that used to provide enough pressure to keep the legs up on it. However, they have loosened over time, and now with the leg locks closed, it doesn't even keep the legs up. Can I get in there and tighten something? Tried to contact Manfrotto, but their email form is broken.

Thanks

Hi Strix

You should have been supplied with a little Allen key. erm... have you lost it or is it a part that you can't use it on?

D

Not quite, but you lead me down the right track and I fixed it. The problem was a lock nut that wasn't holding, and was recessed in a hole. I found some pliers and twisted it, and looks like I'm set. Thanks.

Gosh and I haven't got at all a techie brain:-O

Glad to be of help though

D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back