• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thrush? - Northern Argentina (1 Viewer)

beechwood

This bird was seen near Lake Ibera in January. It looks to me as though it should be a thrush or pipit but I cannot identify one with speckling above and below that should be in this part of the country. Does anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• unknown 6228.jpg
    unknown 6228.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 79
It looks like a juvenile thrush that will loose those markings from the upperside (think difference between young and older Blackbird!). I do not have a book for that area so you will have to make your own guess.

Niels

Apologies, it could also be creamy bellied, having no experience of either Im just relying upon my literature...
Its certainly one of the two.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back