• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black-headed Trogon (1 Viewer)

Ben88

I got many shots of this Black-headed Trogon in Belize, and I can't decide which to post on my website and/or print. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Black-headed-Trogon-Male-Back.jpg
    Black-headed-Trogon-Male-Back.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Black-headed-Trogon-Male-Front-1.jpg
    Black-headed-Trogon-Male-Front-1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Black-headed-Trogon-Male-Side.jpg
    Black-headed-Trogon-Male-Side.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
If I were to pick one, it would be photo #2, with the entire bird facing the camera. The lighting seems to be better and it's vibrant yellow feathers help make the bird stick out from the background. The eye contact is great and the caterpillar in it's beak adds interest to the photo (not that the other photos lack this). My second choice would be photo #3 just because the eye contact is better than in #1. Really great shots Ben!

My favourite is slightly different - while I find the yellow colour very eye-catching on the thumbnail, my main criticism of photos 1 and 2 is that the head does not sufficiently contrast with the background. when I see the photo of a bird I want my eye to be drawn to the face (at least for portrays), and I think the third photo does this best. (But I think the varying opinions also illustrate that there is no right answer and you can't really go wrong with any of these lovely shots!)

Andrea

I would agree with Andrea - #3 is my pick. All three would remain on my keepers though - I tend to retain far too many of my images though bar the very worse - a kleptomaniac birder rather than a photographer though in my case :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back