• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice for photographic background lighting (1 Viewer)

narawood

There is something not right wrong with me!!!
A charity that I do work for has purchased a photographic background (Calumet-Cloud Grey paper on tripod support system) for group shots, this will be used indoors to record certificate awards etc.
I intend to use 2 tripod mounted 300w halogen worklights as side mounted illuminators (hopefully to eliminate the use of flash and shadows etc.)

My question(s): Is this a viable option?; can a limited experience Photoshop user iron out major shortcomings using CS2; do you have any basic tips that could be applied. Any other comments are most welcome and appreciated, limited financial resources exclude expensive solutions.
Thanks friends,
John

postcardcv said:
hi John

I have a feeling you would get more response if you post this question on BF's sister site www.worldphotographyforum.com

Thank you postcardcv,
As I said, your helpful comments are appreciated, will check out the sister forum and try to find the appropriate area to post in. :t:

Be aware of colour casts using Halogen, but nothing cs2 can't handle.
The worklights may also be a bit harsh, so you may have to bounce the light around using reflecters. If on a budget- a sheet of white cardboard works wonders for a soft bounce, but also be aware that these lights get very hot, and cardboard and heat dont often mix !
Good Luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back