• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flickr / Getty Images license (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
For anyone that might have a Flickr account you may or may not be aware that you can opt to license your photographs for use with Getty Images.
I am a little unsure as to the pro's and con's of doing this and would therefore appreciate any feedback from anyone who may have already done this.
Obviously it involves being tied into a contract with certain restrictions etc so any feedback and advice would be appreciated.
I would like to know wether this might be something worth doing but don't know if any payments received are worth the restrictions put upon your photographs as a result of the agreement.

Any advice, comments, feedback therefore much appreciated.

For anyone that might have a Flickr account you may or may not be aware that you can opt to license your photographs for use with Getty Images.
I am a little unsure as to the pro's and con's of doing this and would therefore appreciate any feedback from anyone who may have already done this.
Obviously it involves being tied into a contract with certain restrictions etc so any feedback and advice would be appreciated.
I would like to know wether this might be something worth doing but don't know if any payments received are worth the restrictions put upon your photographs as a result of the agreement.

Any advice, comments, feedback therefore much appreciated.
I have been invited a few times on Flickr to sign up with Getty but have always declined. For a start you have to post a high res image and as you say there are then restrictions on your images. Apparently their commission is very high and because of the likes of Flickr there are so many good photographers with them that the chances of selling a few shots are slim unless they are exceptional. As I like to post and give some of my shots to my County birding section is would just not be worth signing up on the off chance that I may make a few bob on odd occasions.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back