• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

rsc files (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
Having got a large number of jpg and Raw files in various folders etc, I notice that these folders have suddenly got quite a number of files with an .rsc file extension.
Typically these will read xxxx.jpg.rsc and I have no idea why they might have suddenly appeared.
They do not open with Photoshop and I am curious as to
1/ What they are, and
2/ Why have they all of a sudden started appearing

As they just clutter my folders am I safe in deleting them and if so how can I stop them being created in the future.

Any advice or feedback appreciated.

I don't know these particular files but here is my guess:
you are using some editing program that allow you to go back and change past edits. So the RAW file is stored unchanged, parameters for how you did past edits are stored in your rsc files, and when the program presents you with an edited version of the file it is really reading the original and re-applying those saved parameters.

Therefore, to keep the full functionality, I think you probably do not want to delete those files.

I am writing this because I am using a program (ACDSee) that works exactly like that - it just uses a different extention on those files.

Niels

I looked up that file extension and it comes up as
RSC is a SymbianOS Compiled Resource.

So I am thinking it might be index thumbnail or image index in usage
with the image viewer software.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back