• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica floor stock phased out for Queensland Australa (1 Viewer)

Rathaus

Ok Queensland certainly isn't a world centre for optical superstores, but you would expect to be able to handle a Leica Binocular. For reference, it's Not quite the last outpost of mankind - Queensland is three times the size of Texas, and has nearly 5million people :eek!:

Last week I phoned the only dealer that I know of who traditionally carried floor stock in Brisbane city (the capital city with 2.5million people) and they told me that they were phasing their Leica stock out as of now, and 'replacing' it with a special product known as Minox.

Merc, BMW and Audi dealerships abound. So, I can easily test drive an AMG Merc but not look through a Leica. Am I missing something here? is there another hidden Leica store somewhere?..or are those days phasing out everywhere? All internet shopping? No handling of any product before purchase? All virtual with everyone returning 75% of goods as we see so often on here?

(Mind you, there is nowhere to handle zeiss either. A couple of dusty Swarovski still exist left over in a particular store which is going down hill fast. That's it.)

Rathaus

Last edited:
I spoke to a dealer in the UK and he said that Leica will not stock suppliers with binoculars if they don't also carry Leica cameras. I don't have any other sources for this, but he said they have dramatically cut back the number of dealers that carry them in the UK because of this policy.

I spoke to a dealer in the UK and he said that Leica will not stock suppliers with binoculars if they don't also carry Leica cameras. I don't have any other sources for this, but he said they have dramatically cut back the number of dealers that carry them in the UK because of this policy.

This place did stock some Leica cameras. I didn't ask what their fate was. It also had purpose built and lit special cabinetry to house the Leica stuff. Alas, no more.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back