• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to go about sending bins for service? (1 Viewer)

chordstrummer

My aging Trinovid bins are coming to the end of their guarantee period and I'd like to have them serviced.

I just wanted to check how do I go about sending them to Leica? I found some general information online but nothing specific to binos.

I did have a card for a technician at Birdfair who said to conact him with any queries but I've managed to lose it.

My aging Trinovid bins are coming to the end of their guarantee period and I'd like to have them serviced.

I just wanted to check how do I go about sending them to Leica? I found some general information online but nothing specific to binos.

I did have a card for a technician at Birdfair who said to conact him with any queries but I've managed to lose it.

Did you try this address in London?

https://us.leica-camera.com/Contact?country=18104&category[]=Sport+Optics

I always go to Birdfair and leave them. They get cleaned and serviced and sent back to your home post free.

Andy

Mine too are coming to the end of the 30 year warranty period and have developed a fault. The place I bought them offered to send them off so I let them. Today I have had a lengthy letter from Leica in Germany asking me to pay nearly 600 Euros for what I thought would be covered by warranty. Hopefully I can sort it out.

Just getting them serviced I would expect to have to pay, or use the Birdfair route as Andy mentions.

Steve

Contact the customer service team at the Leica Store in Mayfair, London and they will send you the details and we will arrange collection.
[email protected]

Last edited:
My next questions are, do I need the warranty card and how do I find out if my bins are definitely still covered? I'm unsure as to the exact date of expiry.

Cheers all for the replies.

If you registered the binocular with Leica they will have a record of it. Call them and give them the SN of yours.

I now have 3 Leica binoculars and 1 Leitz binocular registered with Leica.

When I contacted them about getting new eye cups for my 25 year old Leitz 7x42 Trinovid BA I found out that they also had a record of the other 2 Leica's I had registered with them at that time: My Leica 7x42 Trinovid BN and my 8x20 BCA Trinovid.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back