• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What alternatives to fuji hs20exr (1 Viewer)

bigstevie

Hi everybody, have just joined so don't know if im doing this right.
I have just started bird photography and need some advice.
I don't want to go down the route of full blown dslr, so at the moment using fuji hs20exr but not happy with it. can anybody recommend an alternative. many thanks

Hi Stevie and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the camera section, so hopefully someone will be along soon with some ideas for you. I also subscribed you to this thread so you don't lose track of it.

Hi everybody, have just joined so don't know if im doing this right.
I have just started bird photography and need some advice.
I don't want to go down the route of full blown dslr, so at the moment using fuji hs20exr but not happy with it. can anybody recommend an alternative. many thanks

The Canon SX40/50 and Panasonic FZ150/200 are highly recommended.
There are long running threads on all of these in the camera section of the forum.
Hope that helps.

Those cameras win over the Fuji in all departments but one - manual zoom. Their lens barrels retract upon them going into standby mode or powered down.

Those cameras win over the Fuji in all departments but one - manual zoom. Their lens barrels retract upon them going into standby mode or powered down.

Agreed. The manual focus wheel on the Fuji is useful.
But as you say the others win on all other aspects.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back