• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Conservation in the Trumpocene (1 Viewer)

Laughing! I needed some comedy relief.
Dream on, NC.

Talk about "fat, unproductive, seed"..... Jerrold Nadler articulated. Let's not forget impeachment advocate Maxine Waters, too.
Two worthless, brain-dead reasons for term limits.

On related matters, I guess we're now reasonably sure that the Bowling Green Massacre and the event "in Sweden last night" won't have any long-term impact on US Conservation Strategy?:t:
MJB
Silly semantics.

The broader picture is that Sweden is in absolute disarray, as it's liberal elites try to paint a picture of "all is well." Everyday Swedes are livid with the chaos there as many of the immigrants refuse to assimilate. Many are raising hell there.
I challenge you, MJB, to take a leisurely stroll thorough one of the many Muslim "no-go zone" enclaves. Sweden's law enforcement won't even tread there.

It's no joking matter.

The broader picture is that Sweden is in absolute disarray, as it's liberal elites try to paint a picture of "all is well." Everyday Swedes are livid with the chaos there as many of the immigrants refuse to assimilate. Many are raising hell there.
I challenge you, MJB, to take a leisurely stroll thorough one of the many Muslim "no-go zone" enclaves. Sweden's law enforcement won't even tread there.

Funny, living here adjacent to Sweden and working with Swedish folk, they report a very different picture. Was in Sweden not long ago, didn't notice the absolute disarray, didn't see or hear tales of the chaos. How come, from 7000 km away, you know so well something different?

Funny, living here adjacent to Sweden and working with Swedish folk, they report a very different picture. Was in Sweden not long ago, didn't notice the absolute disarray, didn't see or hear tales of the chaos. How come, from 7000 km away, you know so well something different?

Jos,
It's because the 'Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more' approach** (aka repetition of unsupported assertions) substitutes for critical thinking (which the Texas GOP manifesto wanted to suppress), thus allowing 'alternative facts' precedence over reality.
MJB
** Stolen from an original Eric Idle script;)

Silly semantics.

It's no joking matter.

Could you post links to where you get this information from? And while you're at it name the no-go Muslim enclaves. It's all nonsense of course, laughable if it wasn't that you are contributing to the stoking up of bigotry.

I think this is what is known as "never letting the facts get in the way of a good story."

Also, anyone on the ground, anyone actually witnessing what's going on, is "fake news." Real news, as you should know by now, is a product of the Ministry of Truth.

.....How come, from 7000 km away, you know so well something different?

I could say the same thing to any of you blokes regarding anything U.S-related.
No doubt I'd hear about real-time news flow about our country, albeit from a largely corrupt media.

I live 2000 miles from my beloved Chicago--born, raised and educated there.
But that city is Beirut circa 1985 these days. I don't see any of it, but I'm not naive enough to believe that Chicago isn't an absolute violent cesspool these days.

Could you post links to where you get this information from? And while you're at it name the no-go Muslim enclaves. It's all nonsense of course, laughable if it wasn't that you are contributing to the stoking up of bigotry.

No. Do your own homework, or disregard my assertions. The back-story in Sweden is the cover-up on what is actually going on and you've obviously made up your mind. I won't waste a second beyond this screed.

"Bigotry"...
The last bastion of the impotent, label one a racist or bigot.
We're a country of immigrants, a melting pot. "Welcome" has been our motto for 200+ years. We aren't bigots, nor am I. Like most countries we have RULES to enter.
We had a chance to help these refugees by establishing safe-zones in Syria.
Obama blew that chance with his ridiculous 'red line' rhetoric, he simply didn't care to actually deal with the situation.
It is why we had Syrians being dropped off at street corners in Boise, Idaho with no clue about anything. These poor people didn't even want to be here and many still want to return home! 91% are now on welfare with no prospect of self-fulfillment. Sad is an understatement.

Trying to articulate these things with pompous elitists who may very likely welcome things like Sharia law with it's abhorrant cultural nuances such as genital mutilation is a waste of my time.

I think this is what is known as "never letting the facts get in the way of a good story."

I noticed you completely avoided the Canadian information I provided. B :)

I could say the same thing to any of you blokes regarding anything U.S-related.
No doubt I'd hear about real-time news flow about our country, albeit from a largely corrupt media.

I live 2000 miles from my beloved Chicago--born, raised and educated there.
But that city is Beirut circa 1985 these days. I don't see any of it, but I'm not naive enough to believe that Chicago isn't an absolute violent cesspool these days.

No. Do your own homework, or disregard my assertions. The back-story in Sweden is the cover-up on what is actually going on and you've obviously made up your mind. I won't waste a second beyond this screed.

"Bigotry"...
The last bastion of the impotent, label one a racist or bigot.
We're a country of immigrants, a melting pot. "Welcome" has been our motto for 200+ years. We aren't bigots, nor am I. Like most countries we have RULES to enter.
We had a chance to help these refugees by establishing safe-zones in Syria.
Obama blew that chance with his ridiculous 'red line' rhetoric, he simply didn't care to actually deal with the situation.
It is why we had Syrians being dropped off at street corners in Boise, Idaho with no clue about anything. These poor people didn't even want to be here and many still want to return home! 91% are now on welfare with no prospect of self-fulfillment. Sad is an understatement.

Trying to articulate these things with pompous elitists who may very likely welcome things like Sharia law with it's abhorrant cultural nuances such as genital mutilation is a waste of my time.

My post was aimed purely and directly at you. I wouldn't presume to lecture Americans on their cities having never visited the States.
I visit Sweden regularly to visit family and friends. Stockholm in particular. There aren't no-go Muslim areas. My sister in law is Stockholm Turkish. I merrily wander the city without the slightest fear.Bleating about "cover-ups" from sources you can't name is the hallmark of a keyboard warrior sat in a bunker wearing a tin foil hat. You promote bigotry because you repeat lies from a source you daren't name rather than speak or listen to those with vastly more experience than you.
Sharia law my arse. In the 13 years I've been with my wife and 20 years I've been friends with people who happen to be Muslims the only people I've ever heard mention sharia law in conversation are paranoid bigots yearning for a place and time that never existed.

Stercus taurinum.

This is what Beirut was like in 1985:
http://arabimages.net/watermark.php?i=1806
http://www.whale.to/c/u64q7kg3marine.jpg
http://indianapublicmedia.org/arts/files/2015/04/A266-940x624.jpg

I only found one pic from 1985 Beirut that could be considered to resemble Chicago 2017 - and that's something that Trump and the GOP refuse to do anything about, even though they could easily:
http://i.imgur.com/ZcwRNHw.jpg

Last edited:

Christ, listen to yourself! You need help. . ..

And look up the meaning of "nuance". . ..

I did a bit of research for you Litebeam. Obviously my sources may all be part of the conspiracy but this what I found. The population of Chicago is 2.7 million, the Arab population (not all Lebanese mind) is at the highest count 170, 000 in the city of Chicago. Incredibly overpowering culture these Lebanese. Anyway as you don't live in Chicago and I'll take a wild guess were never in Beirut in 1985 you've made a terribly presumptious statement with no factual basis. Get out more Litebeam ,you're the Paul Nuttall of Birdforum.
http://www.arabamerica.com/illinois/
This is my entirely unverifiable online source but Wikipedia looked fairly informative.

Edit: I've found more! The Swedish Muslim no go zone area you possibly mean is Rinkeby. Rinkeby is an area of high immigration with many social problems. It's a relatively small area beset by issues relating to poverty. Not uncommon in any city but certainly not sweeping the country into a state of chaos.

Last edited:

I noticed it, it is simply irrelevant to the discussion I was commenting on, which was about Sweden.

RE: the CBC story. Yawn, we never trust our government here much, although the level does go up and down a bit.

As soon as a new Prime Minister is elected, he or she starts to decline in popularity; happening now, happened to Steven Harper the arch-conservative before him, happened to Jean Chrétien the Liberal before him, etc., etc.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." Not really true, but I believe it does sum up the feeling of the average Canadian.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back