• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trip to India (1 Viewer)

Riqui

Riqui
I have here two images of terns taken in Kerala coast, two birds that look quite different to me, but both of them are Terns.
The third image is a Buzzard, at least I think so, and it was taken in Pushkar. For me it looks like Long-legged buzzard (but not sure).
The fourth is a Shrike, very likely a Long-tailed shrike, but with this frontal view, I think there is a chance for Grey-backed shrike.
Thanks for the help with ID.

Attachments

• 165 Pájaro - The three elephants- Kerala -India 2016.jpg
    165 Pájaro - The three elephants- Kerala -India 2016.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 168 Pájaro - The three elephants- Kerala -India 2016.jpg
    168 Pájaro - The three elephants- Kerala -India 2016.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 332 Pájaro - Pushkar - Rajasthan - India 2016.jpg
    332 Pájaro - Pushkar - Rajasthan - India 2016.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 423 Pájaro - Jim Corbett NP - India 2016.jpg
    423 Pájaro - Jim Corbett NP - India 2016.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 55
Both terns look like whiskered to me. Not very sure of the buzzard, but I lean towards the long-legged. The shrike looks a long-tailed to me. Also, where was this seen? The grey-backed shrike is usually seen only along the Himalayas and the eastern part of India.

Ajay

I was thinking if there is some possibility for Himalayan Buzzard, but it is out of range. Thanks a lot for your help with ID

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back