• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lazza's 2016 list (1 Viewer)

A couple of rides out to the coast over the last 2-3 weeks keeps the list creeping upwards - not very dramatically - but upwards is upwards!

In mid-November, a ride down from Amble to Cresswell was surprisingly quiet, but as I headed along the farm road from E. Chevington to Druridge Pools, a single

151. Twite

was perched on a fence. A similar route 2 weeks later resulted in a flock of 25-30 of them in the same location, which was nice to see (and hear).

Then this last weekend, I was out to East Chev & Druridge again in the hope of seeing the much-photographed Hen Harrier. Although I failed at this, East Chevington still produced a couple of nice additions, including a new species for my UK list (embarrassingly!):

152. Long-tailed duck
153. Bittern - new for the UK list!

Another surprise addition to the year's UK list:

154. Velvet Scoter

- seen from the headland at North Blyth last weekend, with common scoter and a couple of eider.

Then a couple of days in Finland this week. No new species for the year, but 7 new species, of which four are new for my lifetime Finland list:

At Seurasaari, a small lake island just west of Helsinki city centre:

55. Bullfinch - new for Finland
56. Siskin - new for Finland
57. Coal tit - new for Finland
58. Great spotted woodpecker
59. Willow tit - new for Finland
60. Goldcrest

Then, on a tree in Helsinki, some lingering

61. Redwing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back