• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Australia – The Explorers Way and a few extra bits. (1 Viewer)

Sounds an awful lot like a birding holiday to me... if you ever decide to get serious you’d be deadly!����

Shhh! Don't tell Sarah

Sounds an awful lot like a birding holiday to me... if you ever decide to get serious you’d be deadly!����

Thanks Mike. We did a bit more birding than originally planned but a number of days were just normal tourist stuff and we didn't go to few places in the desert that would have been just for the birds or Lifou or Ovea off New Caledonia for the endemics there.

We are off next week on a proper birding trip. ;);)

Last edited:
Very enjoyable report :)

Yes, as one who has been to Australia 5 times I really enjoyed reading it, thanks. I haven't been to SA or NT, but O'Reilly's brings back memories. I have been there 4 times, including 2 stays of 2-3 days. The birding there is indeed special. Although I am not as young as I was (yeah, to state the B obvious!), I am itching to go back to Australia, especially after reading this! I will add Uluru to the agenda!

thanks

Yes, as one who has been to Australia 5 times I really enjoyed reading it, thanks. I haven't been to SA or NT, but O'Reilly's brings back memories. I have been there 4 times, including 2 stays of 2-3 days. The birding there is indeed special. Although I am not as young as I was (yeah, to state the B obvious!), I am itching to go back to Australia, especially after reading this! I will add Uluru to the agenda!

Thanks Allen. I hope you get there soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back