• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ED4 and Horrible customer service (1 Viewer)

kramer588

I received my ED4s almost 2 weeks ago and have been trying to contact customer service for over a week about a problem with them. They wont focus on anything past 75 yards and also focus way too far in close. I have sent multiple emails, Facebook messages and also left multiple voice mails. I have never dealt with a company with such poor customer service and i would really just like to get my issue resolved. Is there a better way to contact Zen Ray that i don't know about?

I compared the ed4s to an older pair of ZRS HD i have and a cheap pair of bushnels and both those pairs could focus on things much farther than the new ed4s

I wrote off ZR a few years ago due to the pathetic CS. It seems to be getting worse in spite of all the excuses you hear from ZR every once in a while.

It's not due to the diopter, I messed around with that for a while and nothing seemed to help. I can understand if something was messed up from factory but it shouldn't be so hard to make a simple return.

Call Doug @ Cameralandny.com they are a Zen Ray dealer ... Maybe Charles will answer the phone if Doug calls either way Doug should know ... Never heard anything good about Zen Ray the company.

If you're going take a chance on Chinese glass protect yourself buy it from Nikon, Hawke, Leupold or Bushnell.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160801-110333.jpg
    Screenshot_20160801-110333.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
I received my ED4s almost 2 weeks ago and have been trying to contact customer service for over a week about a problem with them. They wont focus on anything past 75 yards and also focus way too far in close. I have sent multiple emails, Facebook messages and also left multiple voice mails. I have never dealt with a company with such poor customer service and i would really just like to get my issue resolved. Is there a better way to contact Zen Ray that i don't know about?

I saw on the Zen Ray facebook page that they said they were working on getting you taken care of, have you heard from them? I am curious to see if you just received a lemon, or if the next pair has the same issue.

It is sad to read this. They make amazingly good bins for the price. Surely rectifying issues when things go wrong is in their professional interest. Hope it gets resolved Kramer.

it was not long ago that this group really liked ZenRay and Charles-what happened?

edj

Creative Destruction?
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/creativedestruction.asp
"The point, as Schumpeter noted, is this evolutionary process rewards profitable adaptations and innovations and punishes less efficient ways of organizing resources. The process can be bumpy and unpleasant for some, but the trendline is toward progress, growth and higher standards of living."

it was not long ago that this group really liked ZenRay and Charles-what happened?

edj

I had an extremely bad experience with them recently. Bad enough that I will no longer use or recommend their products.

I had not planned on posting what happened, but will do so if anyone wants to know what happened, and as long as the forum owner is ok with doing that sort of thing.

PhilR.

That is too bad, Zen Ray is now over 7 years old.
They had their day, promoting some nice china made clones, many others were also selling similar optics.

I would be very careful if a prospective purchaser. Any warranty coverage would be suspect.

The nice thing is there are lots of other choices out there.

Jerry

I had an extremely bad experience with them recently. Bad enough that I will no longer use or recommend their products.

I had not planned on posting what happened, but will do so if anyone wants to know what happened, and as long as the forum owner is ok with doing that sort of thing.

PhilR.
What was your experience?

edj

It's really very sad to read this thread and the decline of Zen Ray. Some years back I bought the first generation of Zen Ray 8 x 42 ED glasses and the eyecups fully extended were different lengths. With many apologies for the QC lapse, Charles promptly replaced the binocular, and it arrived flawless and continues to provide superb performance.

Zen Ray's CS is simply non-existent: you cannot reach them in any conceivable way, at least I could not. Why things are the way they are its a mystery, as Charles is indeed a very nice person.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back