Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

sparrowhawk/britishbird live cams

Old Friday 13th June 2008, 18:02   #1
dave culley

sparrowhawk/britishbird live cams

Hi just put information on site about sparrowhawk live cams, new to this forgot to put it in bird of prey section,have 7 cams on hawk 3 on nest 2 on chopping block 2 on watering hole,can show all cams at once so nothing missed then go to where action is instantly all in real time with audio.
2 eggs hatched this morning.clips on you tube under female sparrowhawk.
my clips by dvr365.im a 1 man band no sponsers.
you can watch live at www.sparrowhawk-island.co.uk
this is not your average web cam site.
dave culley. cheshire
Old Sunday 15th June 2008, 03:16   #2
jerkin

Top quality the best cam iv seen by far
Old Sunday 15th June 2008, 08:36   #3
dave culley

Hi jerkin thanks for very good coment,this bird has not really been done on this scale.
So im wondering why people are,nt really watching it live,this has cost 6000 to set up
and streaming costs expensive example 25 viewers,150 per month 50 300 and so on
i dont think its expensive /most of us pay 10.oo to go to a bird fair for a day.
Ide like your opinion if you think its expensive,any thing less and it wouldent pay for its self.
thanks for your time.dave.
Old Sunday 15th June 2008, 10:15   #4
Zenzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave culley View Post
...So im wondering why people are,nt really watching it live,this has cost 6000 to set up
i dont think its expensive /most of us pay 10.oo to go to a bird fair for a day.
Ide like your opinion if you think its expensive,any thing less and it wouldent pay for its self.
Yes, it's the cost. It's what stopped me looking at it. There are a lot of demands on people's time and attention. I am curious to see it especially as it is high quality, but I'm not going to pay for it, sorry. Hope you get the people you need though.

Have you considered advertising or sponsorship to help pay for it?

Last edited by Zenzero : Sunday 15th June 2008 at 10:24.
Old Monday 16th June 2008, 09:03   #5
dave culley

Hi zenzero this bird is very elusive and very hard to film why do you think no body like the bbc films them they can,t get the footage i can get,they can see you coming a mile away,i accept your opinion.
People who love this bird dont mind paying 33 pence a day to watch rare footage which has never been done on this scale of sparrowhawks.
dave.
Old Monday 16th June 2008, 19:43   #6
Apodemus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave culley View Post
Hi jerkin thanks for very good coment,this bird has not really been done on this scale.
So im wondering why people are,nt really watching it live,this has cost 6000 to set up
I don't think most people would pay 10 a month for this, to be honest. I wouldn't. The free clips you showed are not bad, and quite interesting, but I don't get what you mean by:

"this bird has not really been done on this scale" or

"this bird is very elusive and very hard to film why do you think no body like the bbc films them they can,t get the footage i can get"

It's not really true - people are accustomed to seeing very high quality film of the rarest species these days thanks to the BBC, Mr Attenborough and co.

I hope I'm wrong, though, and lots of people sign up to your site. Prove me wrong and I'll be quite happy.

Cheers

Mike
Old Sunday 22nd June 2008, 09:46   #7
dave culley

Hi apodemus what i mean by this scale is i can show every cam i have on hawks so viewers miss nothing,eg so if male comes in with kill you see that as well as female leaving nest,then you see female taking kill off him,then i go to cam 3 which shows female entering nest from cops,then cam 1 close up of feeding,or cam 2 from above nest
looking down.
then if she goes for drink i go to that cam,then another cam watching her leave.
If you know of this done anywhere on a site please let me know ide love to look or of any films done of this bird by BBC on this sort of scale,
i dont mean just a 10 minute clip.i mean a programe about the life of a sparrowhawk.

thanks.dave .
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: