Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Tree Pipit and Wood Warbler

Old Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 00:21   #1
Himalaya

Tree Pipit and Wood Warbler

I want to add these 2 birds to my list this summer. I know there are Tree Pipits ad Wood Warblers around Roddlesworth and some areas of Bowland. I did try for Tree Pipit at Roddlesworth but no luck in 2011. Any other places thats good for them? I live in East Lancs and can travel up to 60 miles to see them if got a good chance even Yorkshire and Cumbria.
Old Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 00:30   #2
Bananafishbones
Incoherently Rambling .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalaya View Post
I want to add these 2 birds to my list this summer. I know there are Tree Pipits ad Wood Warblers around Roddlesworth and some areas of Bowland. I did try for Tree Pipit at Roddlesworth but no luck in 2011. Any other places thats good for them? I live in East Lancs and can travel up to 60 miles to see them if got a good chance even Yorkshire and Cumbria.
Fairly reliable around the goyt valley area - check out this thread http://www.birdforum.net/showthread....112252&page=11 and PM members such as Peter Hill, Hampers and Goyter who I am sure will be able to give you relaible locations

Dave

BF Supporter 2010 2011 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 7th June 2012, 12:12   #3
pratincol

Quote:
Foulshaw Moss exceelent for Tree Pippet.They are easier to see earlier on when they are singing and displaying.
The path from Stott Park Bobbin Mill to High and Low Dam was always reliable for Wood Warbler.Couldn't fail to hear or see them when they first return.[near Newby Bridge]
Old Thursday 7th June 2012, 12:51   #4
Himalaya

i got my Wood warbler in East Lancashire . where is foulshaw Moss?
Old Thursday 7th June 2012, 13:47   #5
pratincol

Quote:
i got my Wood warbler in East Lancashire . where is foulshaw Moss?
Take the Barrow Road go past Gilpin Bridge pub Foulshaw Moss is on the left.
The road is single carriage each way.Look out for a blue parking sign which is before a very large lay by.Just before the lay by there is a rough track through a farm gate.Walk down the track till you come to a large viewing platform.IT is a Cumbria Wildlife Trust reserve.Lots of intersting birds here.
Old Friday 8th June 2012, 00:04   #6
Himalaya

Not too far from Leighton Moss so worth a visit if nearby. Had I known about this site I would have stopped off 3 weeks ago when I went to see Eider at Walney
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: