• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Colour - Sand Brown or Green (1 Viewer)

apbarr

Scotland
I've just ordered a pair of EL 8x32 Field Pro bins but have been advised that stock will be coming in towards the end of this week.
I have ordered them in Green but am leaning towards trying to change them to Sand Brown.
Is there any difference in the two colours in terms of wear/appearance once they are a bit older?

One thing that surprised me is that the sand brown SV's got dirty rather quickly. I had to wash them to remove black dirt/grease, probably from my hands, something I never had to do with other bins.

George

My experience is the Sand Brown shows dirt and grease more being a lighter color than the green. I just ordered a pair of Swarovski EL 8x32 SV FP myself today and I chose the green for that reason plus it matches my green 8.5x42 SV's. In Scotland how much did you have to pay for them?

£1345 including delivery, a free cleaning kit and Collins 2nd Edition. Plus 12 months interest free payments.

My experience is the Sand Brown shows dirt and grease more being a lighter color than the green. I just ordered a pair of Swarovski EL 8x32 SV FP myself today and I chose the green for that reason plus it matches my green 8.5x42 SV's. In Scotland how much did you have to pay for them?

Yes, perhaps you should. Lastly, I saw a sand-brown demo model in a shop and even this not yet sold specimen looked very slightly, well, tatty. But I have to confess that for me a bino just HAS to be black or green. ;)

Yes, perhaps you should. Lastly, I saw a sand-brown demo model in a shop and even this not yet sold specimen looked very slightly, well, tatty. But I have to confess that for me a bino just HAS to be black or green. ;)

I've given up trying to keep mine clean......it now shows plenty of character and I would still get the sand brown again.

Alright I'll bite, WHY? given your history with the 8x32's.

Alright I'll bite, WHY? given your history with the 8x32's.
I have the Swarovski 8.5x42 SV FP. I wanted a 32mm though for the smaller size and I have tried all the best ones including the Zeiss FL 8x32, Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32,Nikon EDG 8x32, Nikon E2 8x30, Leica Ultravid HD Plus 8x32 and Nikon SE 8x32. For me I still think the SV 8x32 is the best 32mm even though it shows a little more glare than it's bigger brother the 8.5x42 SV. It has a bigger walk-in FOV than the 42mm which I like and of course the size and weight are nice in the field. I also really like the improvements they made on the 3rd generation SV especially the Field Pro package and the better armour and focus wheel ribbing. I received it today and I really like it. It is really a tossup which SV is better overall for birding the SV 32 or the SV 42.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back