• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Slc 8x30 Neu (1 Viewer)

The older models did not have phase coatings and the ones after them that did have phase coatings didn't have Swarovski's di-electric coatings on the prisms until Swarovski came out with their Swarobright coatings.

They were discontinued in 2010. They focus by moving the objectives. There is a protective pane of glass over the objectives.

My SLC 8x30 Neu was made in 2010 but the User's Manual that came with it was printed in 2006 and had the specs in it for all of the Swarovski binoculars. They all had the most modern coatings by then.

My son has mine now. He wears glasses and they work well with them.

Bob

Thanks Alexis and Bob, I have a mutual friend who was asking about them, possibly procuring one for about 800. He told me the serial No starts with D76, and the focus wheel is at the base, I had no idea about them. Interesting about the advanced coatings Bob. Always something to learn.

Andy W.

If you search enough on BF you'll find a description of which features were added when. I believe 2006 was the last upgrade, so if you can find a serial number beginning 76... that's it. I was researching them for a while, but finally settled on the Kowa Genesis 33, which I really like a lot for the view and the comfort.

Marc

Andy, post 6,
I think I posted a test report of the SLC 8x30's on the WEB-site of House of Outdoor and I am certain that you can also find info about them in my powerpoint with regard to the history of Swarovski, but perhaps you found that already.
Gijs van Ginkel

Gijs,

I found it, I have the power-point saved now, that was great work and likely many hours. Very much appreciated.

Andy W.

Thanks George that was very helpful. Holger has documented many observations of Binoculars esp some military ones over the years. I remember reading his reviews on some of the Zeiss Jena glass, which I have a few.

Andy W.

Thanks Alexis and Bob, I have a mutual friend who was asking about them, possibly procuring one for about 800. He told me the serial No starts with D76, and the focus wheel is at the base, I had no idea about them. Interesting about the advanced coatings Bob. Always something to learn.

Andy W.

Andy:

I have the 8x30 SLC Neu, and it is a very nice binocular, even comparing
with todays high end binoculars.
The price should be in the $650. - $700 range, and that is with box, case and all covers in excellent condition.

These are not hard to find used, so tell your friend to have patience.
Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back