• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera trap delights (2 Viewers)

And a few more recent photos

Mark

Attachments

• Sunp0008.jpg
    Sunp0008.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 101
  • tc104.jpg
    tc104.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 86
  • tc106.jpg
    tc106.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 97
  • tc103.jpg
    tc103.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 93
Probably the last from the garden for a while as the IR camera trap is going on a mission elsewhere for a while. I like the one with two hedgehogs and a mouse the best. The flash one will stay but it is not very sensitive.

Mark

Attachments

• tc301.jpg
    tc301.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 74
  • tc302.jpg
    tc302.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 89
  • tc303.jpg
    tc303.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 92
  • tc305.jpg
    tc305.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 95
Is there a consensus on the best model of camera trap these days? Bushnell seems dominant, but there are some bad reviews on the US websites, and a lot seem to get returned. There's also a large range on Amazon, but they all seem to be the older models.

Whcih are the best camera traps for price and quality?

A few more recent ones, the Fox cub ones are great

Mark

Attachments

• tttt2.jpg
    tttt2.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 69
  • tttt1.jpg
    tttt1.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 69
  • tttt7.jpg
    tttt7.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 75
  • tttt13.jpg
    tttt13.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 53
Flash does not seem to be an issue, the problemis they only visit infrequently.

A flash photo from another trail cam attached

Mark

Attachments

• foxcub.jpg
    foxcub.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 107
A few recent photos

Mark

Attachments

• c20.jpg
    c20.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 54
  • c10.jpg
    c10.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 64
  • c11.jpg
    c11.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 65
  • c17.jpg
    c17.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 76
Pine Marten

Hi folks,

I've been running a camera trap at a site just a few miles out of Aberdeen since last autumn. We had a very obscure image a few weeks back of what appeared to be Pine Marten but I was delighted, when I changed the memory card yesterday, to find much more conclusive marten photos from two different nights. The species appears to have been spreading eastwards down Deeside during the last decade or two so there seems to be every chance of it becoming a regular fixture.

Cheers

Nick

Attachments

• PM1a.jpg
    PM1a.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 88
  • PM2a.jpg
    PM2a.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 77
  • PM3a.jpg
    PM3a.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hi folks,

I've been running a camera trap at a site just a few miles out of Aberdeen since last autumn. We had a very obscure image a few weeks back of what appeared to be Pine Marten but I was delighted, when I changed the memory card yesterday, to find much more conclusive marten photos from two different nights. The species appears to have been spreading eastwards down Deeside during the last decade or two so there seems to be every chance of it becoming a regular fixture.

Cheers

Nick

Nice

Mark

I've been away for a while in Canada but thought I would post some footage I have captured whilst out here. Here's some footage of various lynx that I have caught on the camera including some with kittens. I hope you like the clip.

Lynx with kittens

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back