• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera trap delights (2 Viewers)

Badgers on parade ... high quality Otter/Red Fox/Muntjac footage... this thread has come a long way since my dodgy fox pics last winter!

Mark, does the Otter leave the area under the bridge because of the fox, or are they recorded at different times of the night/week?

Badgers on parade ... high quality Otter/Red Fox/Muntjac footage... this thread has come a long way since my dodgy fox pics last winter!

Mark, does the Otter leave the area under the bridge because of the fox, or are they recorded at different times of the night/week?

Mike,

They were all from different nights, I had other footage of the fox and muntjac so they are pretty regular I even saw the fox when I went to set the camera up, the otter is much more sporadic. Also had a domestic / feral cat visit.

Mark

This Badger needs a plank which is mounted to a floating tree to reach his feeding grounds. Since this is quite a wobbly construction the badgers can fall of. There sett is on a island which is to small to provide enough food for the clan.

http://youtu.be/zUH4amFPINQ

Yo, video great. Maybe you can say, are still images are better quality if taken as stills onhte camera or as screen grabs? I assume the former, yes?

A new video here which I would be interested in hearing thoughts on. A couple of comments on the YouTube page with description too though this is a website I just discovered last week, plenty of trophycam videos for those pondering....

Yo, video great. Maybe you can say, are still images are better quality if taken as stills onhte camera or as screen grabs? I assume the former, yes?

Stills would have a higher resolution (5 megapixel), video provides a maximum of 640x480. Alltough resolution can be higher ass wel as 1080p video resolution.

Money makes the best solution.

Panda badger :)

Two trees fell right across the sett whilst my camera was out this week (the top of one stopped about a foot short of badgercam). The foxes look a bit taken aback but the badgers don't seem bothered - this young one is jumping up and chewing bits off these little elders each night. Quite interesting and amusing to watch!

It's also interesting to see the different reactions to the fallen tree. One fox looks startled when he sees this tree across his usual path. They spend quite a bit of time investigating, I guess in the inquisitive way you would expect. The badgers on the other hand don't seem to act any differently to before the tree fell. Are foxes more intelligent, or are badgers just more chilled out?

Attachments

• panda badger bf.jpg
    panda badger bf.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 71
Hey, looks like there has been some more good videos and pictures in 2012 already. I've recently just got back from Kafue National Park in Zambia where I tested out my new HD Bushnell camera trap.

I managed to get some vervet monkeys and a porcupine whilst there (Videos below).

Vervet Monkeys

Porcupine

Hope you like them!

Two months off badgercamming and I failed miserably last week. Should start getting some good stuff in the coming weeks. An old one in the meantime...

Tough life being a badger....

Attachments

• btoughbf.jpg
    btoughbf.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 107
Just started to get a few photos recently in the garden

Mark

Attachments

• tc1.jpg
    tc1.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 45
  • tc2.jpg
    tc2.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 61
  • tc3.jpg
    tc3.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 50
  • tc4.jpg
    tc4.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 61
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back