• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Found a Yellow chick, need more information about it. (1 Viewer)

mayank_r_m

I found this injured yellow bird while walking my dog. It was after a thunderstorm. I guess it fell from its nest. I searched for the bird type in this location and found out that it might be an Golden Eurasian Oriole. I took it to the same spot and waited for its mom to return by keeping it on a branch 3 days, went far enough to spot if the parents come but they didn't, i did see a yellow bird far away but it didn't care about the chick. So im keeping it until it can learn to fly and then I'll release it. I further noticed the yellow bird was not golden Eurasian Oriole but rather a Black hooded Oriole. The chick can fly for a few meters then it falls down, im keeping it warm and feeding it fruits and insects. Its fledging right now from what i have read. For now i feed it ebery hour, it recognizes my voice and looks healthy, but i want to ask why doesn't it have hair on its head? Any information on it would be very appreciated.
Here's a photo of it.
http://imgur.com/gallery/bIDlkQz

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back